Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Kuwaiti girl finds her Filipina Mother

KUWAIT CITY, Dec 10: A Kuwaiti woman who has been longing to see her Filipina mother sought the help of the Philippine Embassy and the local media to help her find her mother whom she has not seen for 16 years now.

“My name is Fatima. I am 21 years old, Kuwaiti citizen. I’m married to a Kuwaiti citizen. I already have one son. He is two years old. I am here to look for my Filipina mother,” said Fatima.

The only remembrance that she has of her Filipina mother was a photo and her photo when she was only eight months. Fatima remembered her mother’s name as Evangeline D Reginaldo. Fatima could not hold back her tears as she recounted her story to the Arab Times.

She was born in the Philippines on August 25, 1993. She and her mother returned to Kuwait but her father divorced her mother when she was just five years old. Her father sent her mother home to the Philippines and her father asked her mother to leave her behind in Kuwait.

Fatima narrated that for several years, her father made her believe that her mother had died. Her father only revealed the truth to her when she was 17. When her father passed away in 2011, Fatima decided to search for her mother. “Now I have a son, so I am feeling like if I lose my son, I will go crazy. So how about the feeling of my mother? I am thinking about her—me, as a mother. She is searching for me. She is missing me plus I am missing her. I miss her from the beginning. All my friends they have mothers. I didn’t see her, I didn’t feel the love of a mother,” stated Fatima.

Fatima cannot contain her emotions as she longs to see her mother. “Nanay Evangeline, I need to see you again. I will do anything to come to you and see you. Explain to me what happened and why all that time, you’re far from me. I miss you a lot. I need you in my life again,” she cried.

Fatima has been saving up for the great reunion with her mother and she will immediately fly to Manila once her mother is located. “I don’t know what to tell her. But you know, my whole life I didn’t have a mother so I think I will hug her only. I will not say anything.

Only, I will start to kiss her and hug her. That’s all. I don’t know what to say. I am missing her,” she shared. Fatima appealed to the embassy and to the local media to help her find her mother.

The embassy vowed to extend all the possible assistance to her. “She shall have our support in terms of looking for her mother, so she can find her. We will search for her mother all over the Philippines using our offices in the DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs). It’s a very heartwarming story. We are so inspired to see someone who sees the Philippines as her home and that makes us proud of our country,” said Philippine Charge d’ Affaires Atty Raul H Dado.

UPDATE: She has since found and spoke with her mother- story link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Personal attacks are not. Thanks!